A home safe protects your money, personal records, jewelry, passports from being lost and keeps things out of the reach of children.
So the safe box should be kept in an ideal place as if it is safe.
So Choose the best place to keep your safe, considering that it is secure from possible fire, water, or theft. However, Figuring the best place to keep your safe can be tricky.
In this article, we have analyzed where to place your safe box, and what aspects to consider. So read on and keep your safe box safe.
WHERE TO KEEP YOUR SAFE TO AVOID FIRE DAMAGE
Generally, fireproof home safes can protect your valuables against fire for a certain period of time at a certain temperature. But if non-fireproof, your documents, cash, and other items can be destroyed quickly.
AVOID FEW PLACES TO PROTECT THE SAFE FROM A FIRE ACCIDENT
- Do not keep safe in places near fireplaces and kitchens. Also, avoid places above and below the kitchen. Because in extreme fires can collapsing the kitchen.
- Do not keep safe in places where there is a flammable material.
- Wood, paints, chemicals are basically stored in the garage. This item may ignite at any time. So the garage should not be kept safe.
BEST PLACE TO KEEP YOUR SAFE TO AVOID FIRE ACCIDENTS
- One of the best places to install a home safe in your bedroom or inside the toilet.
- Select a floor space that holds concrete slabs. If the first floor of the house is above the crawl, you can put it there. These places are safe from fire.
- Bolt the safe in basement is a great solution to keep it secure from fire.
WHERE TO KEEP YOUR SAFE TO AVOID WATER OR MOISTURE DAMAGE?
Water and moisture can damage valuable items inside the safe. However, there are some safes that come with waterproof features, those safe ones can keep your documents safe for a certain period of time.
PLACES SHOULD BE AVOIDED TO KEEP SAFE FROM WATER AND MOISTURE
- It is better to bolt on a safe concrete floor. But, if your home is in a flooded area, then safe bolting on the first floor of the house may not be suitable for you.
- Many people like to have safe bolts in the basement because there is less flow of people here. And thieves can’t guess that anyone can keep them safe here. But these basements are very humid, and should not be installed safe in the basement, which is detrimental to safe.
INSTALL SAFE WHERE TO AVOID WATER
- You can install your safe on a wall to avoid water and moisture.
- If you can control the humidity in the basement, you can install it. In that case, reduce the humidity of the basement by using a dehumidifier.
- If your safe weight is less than 1000 pounds, you can fit it safely on the upper floor of the house.
WHERE TO PUT YOUR SAFE TO AVOID BURGLARY?
Most people use the safe to protect their valuables from burglary. As a result, you need to be safe from burglary.
There are a few places to avoid in order to be safe from thieves.
- Thieves usually look for your valuables in your living room or bedroom. This means that the attackers suspect that you may be safe in the mentioned place. So, do not keep safe in these rooms.
- Do not keep safe all the areas that can be seen through the front or back door of your house.
A place to keep safe to avoid thieves:
- A safe box should be installed in a place that attackers have no idea. In that case, a library is a great place.
- You can install it in the toilet to keep your safe box secure from thieves.
- Bolt the safe to any corner of the house. And make sure the corners should not be easily seen.
- If there is a concrete slab on the ground floor, it is an ideal solution to bolt the safe there.