A leather wallet enhances your fashion dimension and can hold many of your smaller items. These leather wallets are designed for long-term use. But due to lack of proper care, the appearance and quality of the wallets deteriorate very quickly.
So proper care should be taken to extend the life of the wallet. Keep the wallet clean from stubborn dirt and stains that accumulate from daily use.
You can clean and shine your leather wallet by following a few steps. So, read on and know about how to clean a leather wallet.
Caution: You should know some instructions before cleaning. So that you do not inadvertently ruin your leather wallet. In that case, refrain from using various products on the leather.
- Don’t apply alkaline cleaners, ammonia, or bleach-based cleaners on the leather. These can damage the finish of your leather wallet.
- Don’t use oils, waxes, polish on the leather for cleaning. These products can damage the leather surface.
HOW TO CLEAN LEATHER WALLETS?
Take out everything from the wallet pocket:
Remove all items (credit, debit, cash, photo, ID card) inside the wallet of your leather. Then shake the bag upside down to clean the dust inside. In this case, you can remove the dust using a lint roller or a fabric brush attachment.
Clean the Leather:
Avoid cleaning your wallet with a washing machine. Do the cleaning work with your hands.
- Make a mixture of dish soap and hot water for cleaning (you can use baby shampoo or unrefined soap).
- Dip a clean soft cloth in the mixture of soap and water and wipe the outside of the wallet well. Make sure there are no dust or stains left.
- Now wipe the soap from the wallet with a damp cloth or sponge and wipe the bag with It.
Note: Don’t dry in sunlight or high heat.
Remove stains from the wallet:
Now your wallet is dry, if you find any stains on it, you can remove the stains by using alcohol or nail polish remover to remove the stains
- Sprinkle a little alcohol on the stain and rub gently with a towel.
- Wipe the wallet well with a damp cloth, and pat dry.
Clean grease stains:
If you also have grease stains on your leather wallet, you can use baking soda, talcum powder, or cornstarch oil.
- Take any one of these items and sprinkle well on the grease stains.
- Gently rub with a clean damp cloth.
- Wait a few hours and wipe with a soft cloth.
Apply conditioner to the wallet:
Cleaned and dried your wallet well. Now, apply the leather conditioner to your wallet. The conditioner maintains the quality of your bag and keeps it free from cracks and stains. It also keeps the wallet shiny for a long time.
If you do not have a conditioner, you can make it yourself. Make a mixture of 1 part vinegar and 2 parts linseed oil and use it as a conditioner. Or buy an all-purpose leather conditioner.
- Apply the conditioner well on the wallet and wait 10-20 minutes.
Note: Bags should be conditioned regularly.
We should take proper care of our daily necessities. Leather wallets are useless if not properly maintained. So keep your wallet clean and extend the life of the bag by following our instructions.